Academy Competition Guidelines
2017 Academy Performance Competition Winners (updated)
- 1st Place: Francesca Boerio
- 2nd Place: Dani Zanuttini-Frank
- 3rd Place: Benjamin Lauring
- 4th Place: Leonela Alejandro
The Boston GuitarFest is pleased to present its very first Academy competition for players 16-21. (updated)
- 1st prize: $750
- 2nd prize: $400
- 3rd prize: $200
- 4th prize: $100
Schedule for 2017 (updated)
- Preliminary round: Saturday, July 1, 3-4pm, Pierce Hall
- Final round: Sunday, July 2: 11am-12pm, Pierce Hall
(subject to change)
- Contestants must be registered as participants in the Boston GuitarFest Academy Program.
- ages 16-21
Pick one from the three categories:
- A work written by a Latin-American composer.
- A work dedicated to a Latin-American artist of the guitar.
- A work with a Latin-American theme.
- Preliminary round: not to exceed 10 minutes. Contestant must include required piece.
- Final round: not to exceed 20 minutes. Contestant must include required piece. This work may be the same or different as in the preliminary round.
Performance Requirements (updated)
- Individual movements from major works are acceptable.
- No concertos or chamber music will be permitted.
- Only four competitors will be chosen for the final round.
If you have ideas about required repertoire and are unsure about their fulfillment of the requirements, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for clarification or confirmation.